Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Handling the Helm

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Akhil

Akhil

Handling the Helm - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:48 pm

Akhil considered the question. "It is a difficult choice. There are many. Frankenstein is one of them," he replied thoughtfully. "Do you know the writer Erich Maria Remarque? He wrote a deeply personal novel about an ancient war - the First World War. All Quiet on the Western Front."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 11:51 pm

"I know the title," T'Pren admitted, finally giving up her flitting about to actually sit at a console for a time. "I've never read it. And I know the war, of course. A third of the male population of Europe died in it." She paused pensively and then added, gently, "It wasn't so very different from this one."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 am

Akhil grunted. "I have hope that we, as a collective in the universe, have learned more since. Though my daily work tries that hope regularly."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:49 am

T'Pren sighed, her console beeping at her in communication. For a while, she said nothing. And then, softly, she admitted, "I think you're a testament to our constant improvement as beings. As a civilization. Sometimes it only takes one person like you to change everything." BEEP BOOP, said the computer.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:54 am

Akhil looked up from the controls. "You do me too much credit, but I thank you." He smiled. "The ship is in decent working order all around. She will be difficult to maneuver, however. That must be taken into account on the mission."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 12:58 am

"She's just stubborn," T'Pren assured both Akhil and the ship, giving the Hippolyta a little pat. "With ships like this, you just have to let them think moving the way you wanted was their idea. Warships are a lot like people that way."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:30 pm

"I suppose so. You have a very poetic attitude towards vessels," Akhil replied approvingly.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:34 pm

"Do I?" T'Pren wondered with amusement, scrunching up her nose and craning back to look at Akhil. "I probably get it from my dad. He was always comparing ships to Terran marine animals." She grinned. "And then, when I got older, to different kinds of lovers."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:10 pm

Akhil's expression softened. He was about to reply when his comm badge chirped. "Lieutenant Commander Akhil, this DS15. Report to the bridge." Akhil stood, turning the controls over to Pren. "Good luck, Pren," he said, looking at her warmly, "Keep me apprised of all that happens."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:13 pm

T'Pren smiled warmly and gratefully at Akhil, though there was obviously still trepidation and concern about what was to come behind it all. "Thank you, Akhil. I will."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handling the Helm   Handling the Helm - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Handling the Helm
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: On Board the Hippolyta-
Jump to: