Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Self-Care (Val's Quarters)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:04 pm

"I'm just worried about the upcoming away mission. New ship, new officers, new problems. Nothing specific, really-- just the lingering feeling something will go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Val blinked. "What could go wrong? Aren't they all from star fleet? I mean.. we aren't at war yet, are we?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:10 pm

"No, not yet. Bajor wants blood for the Kai though, and Cardassians are well, Cardassian, and based on the intelligence I've received, I know what to expect on this mission, but I worry what might happen if it's worse than that."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:17 pm

Val sighed. "So the Kai is definitely dead?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 pm

"Yes, very dead. Tahain confessed to it," he said. "Her two Ranjen companions were Cardassian as well. I'm sorry, I thought you knew. Word usually travels fast."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Val shook his head. "I was sort of holding out hope they'd find her. It's not just murder, you know. Killing the Kai is a direct attack on the Bajoran way of life, on our beliefs, on our heritage. At least that's how they're going to see it."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:41 pm

"Killing the Kai is like silencing the voice of the Prophets," he said. "I wonder how long it will take for them to replace her. It could be weeks. Months, even."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:47 pm

"Oh, sure.. it'll be a huge ordeal," Val said. "But surely the Cardassians are too weak to be much of a threat again so soon? Right?" he asked hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 pm

"I hope so," Rai sighed and leaned back into his chair. "I don't want to go to war. That's all."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 8:54 pm

"No," Val agreed. "Would you like a shoulder rub?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:11 pm

"Only you're up for it," he said. He didn't really expect the petite Bajoran man to lay hands on him at all, as he looked inexplicably puffy and tired, and sounded as if he was coming down with a cold.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 9:49 pm

Val stood slowly and selected a scented non-transference oil, just to soften his hands. He settled back on the sofa and threw a cushion on the floor in front of him.
"Sit there," he instructed. "I'm too tired to stand," he said with a little chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:12 pm

Rai sat down heavily before Val with a small tired groan, and slipped his uniform top off of his shoulders. "Do your worst," he said.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Val began by scraping his nails over Rai's scalp, raking his hair, then massaging the back of his neck. He then set to work giving him a firm massage of the shoulders and upper back.
"You might be comforted to know that I do not freely recount anything we do, or talk about in our sessions... Not with names anyway."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Rai shut his eyes in quiet bliss. "What would you need in order for me to never come up in conversation at all?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Val laughed. "Hope?" He kneaded Rai's tense muscles, forcing them to slacken. "Are you embarrassed?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:52 pm

"Not embarrassed," quietly letting himself turn to putty in Val's hands. "A little worried for you. You've already had a bomb placed here in your quarters, what if someone thought you were privy to intelligence?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Val considered this a moment.
"Someone will think that if you're coming to my quarters on a regular basis regardless," he reasoned. "Unless of course I'm telling everyone that we're simply having the most frantic sexual escapades and have no time to talk."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:33 pm

He closed his eyes peacefully at Val's touch, having missed contact with another man. "I can live with that."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Val laughed in delight. "All right then, that's my story, if anyone asks."
Papus slowly woke from his nap and padded over to sniff Rai's knee.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:28 am

"Oh hello," he said softly, and held out his hand limply for Papus.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:45 am

The cat sniffed the man's hand, then rubbed its face against it.
"Papus is my oldest friend. He's very cuddly.. and a little protective," Val smirked, taking a break from the deep massage to let his hands rest and gently stroke Rai's back and neck.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 am

"I like him, he's very soft," he said, and petted the cat from between his ears to the base of his tail. "You're just as good as Lorelai, if not better."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:21 am

Val laughed again, then whined, "Ahh... and I can't even brag to her about that. Obviously, you've been too busy banging me up against the wall for a massage."
Papus purred loudly.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:56 pm

"It's a living, isn't it?" He teased, before falling into a soothed silence. "I should have done this sooner."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Care (Val's Quarters)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next