Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arming Zima

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zima 8

Zima 8

Arming Zima - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Zíma smiled, perhaps at not having to explain his joke. Her acceptance of it was a sign she was becoming accustomed to him.
"No." One of his fused reinforced silicone fingers twitched.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:04 pm

"You moved your hand!" T'Pren exclaimed triumphantly, continuing her work-distracted grin. "See, and you thought I wasn't qualified." She finally finished up with the wires and moved on to a few more substantial connections, holding Zima's arm in place and stretching back to the engineering kit to grab a different tool.

When she came back with it, she lifted her brows and the corners of her lips. "So have you implanted me yet?"
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:25 pm

"I have already told you that I am not currently available for sexual interaction," Zíma joked flatly. "And if I were, you would know it."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Despite herself, T'Pren flushed deep green at this particular joke and her attention to her work doubled pointedly. "Is that so?" she asked quietly, rolling her lips against each other and trying to decide whether she wanted to laugh or be swallowed up by a black hole.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:52 pm

"That was a joke," Zíma assured her. "According to pre-robotics fiction, I am supposed to be available for such things - but I am not. I am also supposed to long to be more human, but I do not. I am also supposed to want to annihilate humans. But I've not come to a conclusion on that point yet."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:54 pm

T'Pren let out a long breath when Zima made sure she knew it was a joke, and she smiled up at him a little apologetically. "May I politely request that you let the humans live," she offered lightly, ducking her head back down to peer into the slowly closing space between Zima's arm and his shoulder. "I'm rather fond of that half of me."
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:08 am

"I will take it under consideration," Zíma said. "If you need to remove the shoulder cap, you may. It's a cosmetic part - I have replacements."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:09 am

"I don't think...that'll be necessary," T'Pren replied, and as she said it, the arm snapped back into place with the magnets that connected it to Zima's torso. "Let's see if that did it. Give me one of these," she instructed, holding up her hand in a Vulcan salute.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:39 am

Zíma twisted his wrist and help up his hand, then returned it without effort.
"I believe you've done it. Well done, Lieutenant."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 12:42 am

T'Pren grinned in victory and set down her tools. "Thank you. I quite enjoyed it, actually. And Akhil will be relieved." She twisted her lips at a funny bunching of the faux skin and reached up with both hands to tuck it in the way it ought to be. "Let's just fix your skin."
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:54 am

Zíma tested the pressure and puncture sensors of his hand to make sure all was well. This would be very important if he had to perform surgery.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 1:56 am

When the skin was looking like it was supposed to -- which was still not really 'normal' -- T'Pren stepped back to admire her handywork. "If you find it's not working quite the way you'd like, come find me, okay? We're going to need you in perfect form for this away mission."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arming Zima   Arming Zima - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arming Zima
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2