Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Booting Up the Drive

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 10:54 pm

"Now, Lieutenant, I completely trust your capabilities. We are in good hands and I'm sure we have nothing to worry about," she said encouragingly.

Tal'Ara eyed the Captain's happiness. Was he really excited? Or was this just for show?

Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:02 pm

T'Pren's expression in return to Tal'Ara's compliments was comically dubious as she disappeared around the other side of the drive, doing one last inspection and trying to ignore her sense of impending doom. When she finally got around again, she made a stop at the island console to check the readings and final diagnostics...and then ended up back with her superior officers, trying not to look grim for the sake of the ensigns gathered around.

She lifted her brows at Rai and pressed a hand against her lower ribs to calm the worried fluttering of her heart. "Whenever you're ready, Captain."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:26 pm

"Bringing her online now," he said, grinning broadly. The core began to hum.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:30 pm

Tal'Ara smiled as the core turned on. The familiar hum. The familiar glow. This was all going perfectly to plan.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:32 pm

The lieutenant managed to keep her face mostly impassive for professionalism's sake, but she was, with every passing second, waiting for something to blow. Something to go wrong. And for it to be her fault. Her lips rolled against each other and she carefully regulated her breath, keeping her hand pressed hard against her Vulcan heart.

"I don't want to speak too soon," she murmured to the CO and XO at her sides, "but we appear to still be alive." A beat. "Or else death is depressingly similar to life."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:32 am

Rai heaved a sigh of relief. "See, you were selling yourself short, Lieutenant."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:47 am

Despite the fact that things seemed to be going smoothly, T'Pren still hadn't let out her own relieved breath. She kept a hand against her heart and scooped up a nearby PADD to make sure the readings were where they were supposed to be. "I guess I was paying attention in my applied physics classes after all."

"Excellent work, ensigns," she called out to the room at large.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 12:53 am

"It is a very thin line, Lieutenant," she said, "but I think we will be okay."

She looked at the Captain and then back to T'Pren.

"Check that the emergency fail safes are in place. It should be able to warn us at least few minutes before should a meltdown occur."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:07 am

"Do you people have it from here?" he asked. "I'd like to take a look at it from the bridge."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:11 am

"I must take my leave as well. Must debrief some ensigns on the new weapons systems that are being installed," she said with a sigh.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 1:12 am

"Everything's in place," T'Pren assured Tal'Ara without really needing to check. Because she already had. "All the readings are stable and well within parameters. I'm not seeing any irregularities."

Finally, finally, the half-Vulcan let out a long breath in relief and glanced at Rai. "Actually, sir, I'd like to check things from there as well, just to be certain. If you don't mind the company." She lifted her brows at the XO. "Unless, of course, you think I should do anything else while I'm down here."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 2:50 pm

"Feel free to join me," he said. He was relieved now by the absence of tension presented in her company.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Booting Up the Drive   Booting Up the Drive - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Booting Up the Drive
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: On Board the Hippolyta-
Jump to: