Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Midnight Guitar Therapy

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 10:26 pm

Val relaxed slightly. "It's all right.. it's just a bit embarrassing, that's all. You're doing a report on Phylosian anatomy?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 18, 2014 11:03 pm

"Oh no," T'Pren responded frankly, shaking her head exaggeratedly. "I was going to offer you someone else's report on Phylosian anatomy to see whether or not you could read it and then I was going to be very compassionate and subtle and offer to teach you." She dropped onto her back again. "That was the plan, anyway."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:43 am

Val shook his head with a chuckle.
"My mum and I spent every day together, and she couldn't get it to stick. You are a chief science officer aboard a station, and are being shipped out in a few hours. It's not worth the bother."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:50 am

T'Pren had to sit back up to stare at Val in disbelief. She actually looked affronted at the suggestion that it wasn't worth the effort. "Val Etilen! I may be shipping out in a few hours, but I'll be back soon enough, and if I have enough time to stay up all night getting drunk and singing sad songs at the stars, then I certainly have enough time to teach you one of the most important skills in the galaxy! It is entirely possible that you learn differently than anyone ever thought to teach you. And furthermore, I know from experience that teaching yourself is more a matter of finding something that interests you than it is about discipline." She crossed her arms under her chest and glowered at him, just daring him to protest again.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:18 am

"It hasn't proved very important so far, Lieutenant," Val said, remaining adamant.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:20 am

T'Pren narrowed her eyes at Val with that special kind of drunk concentration...and then lifted her brows, suddenly sure of her triumph. "Fine," she replied with faux casualness. "When I return, I will be paying for your attentions once a week. Your attentions to my reading lessons."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 am

Val shrugged. "It's going to be very frustrating for you," he collected Papus in his arms and slowly got to his feet. "But I won't say no to another senior officer."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:30 am

T'Pren's brows shot up at that. "Another?" she echoed. "Who else?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:34 am

Val grinned. "I am not at liberty to say."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:36 am

The half-Vulcan was not nearly so pleased as the Bajoran. In fact, she felt very distinctly like she might throw up. Her skin first paled in a way that made her seem ill and then flushed with humiliation. "The Captain wrote you that message," she murmured warily.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:41 am

"You guessed...!" Val's pleased demeanor faded as her look gave him pause. "Are you all right?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:45 am

If ever there was a wounded halfie, this was she. For a moment, T'Pren seemed unsure of whether she was going to throw up or cry. Or both? Or maybe run. Or throw herself out the airlock. Or throw Rai out the airlock. Or Val. She leaned over her legs and put her palms down on the floor, splaying her fingers to ground herself as she took in very deep breaths through her nose.

So much for Rai having her back. So much for Rai having her trust.

"I'm fine," she whispered at her hands. "I just drank too much."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:48 am

"Do you want some tea?" Val offered.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:54 am

T'Pren shook her head very intensely and immediately turned to her father's guitar. The flask was closed and set inside and then the case was closed and clasped. When she struggled to her feet, she was trembling, but she picked up the case and carefully avoided looking at Val. "I should...go."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 2:01 am

"All right. I hope you feel better." Val said, totally bewildered. "Good luck tomorrow!"
Papus batted at his earring, and he began carrying the creature back to his room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midnight Guitar Therapy   Midnight Guitar Therapy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Midnight Guitar Therapy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2