Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IRC Chat for rp?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:50 pm

So it has been recommended that I set up an IRC chat for our rp-- does anyone have a client they recommend? I've never set up an IRC chat before <---noob
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Nope, but yay!
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:15 am

I used to do IRC pretty hard core for many years.

I've always been a fan of XIRC or mIRC.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:17 am

mIRC was what I used in, like 1999. Val has explained that it would be "totes retro" in a good hipstery way.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:19 am

Yeah, I haven't use mIRC in years me self, in part because they never ported it to the Mac. I just remembered that I liked it back in the day.

I'm not exactly sure why we need an IRC chan when I thought the whole point was RPing in a forum form? Or am I confused? (All the other RPs I've ever done have been IM RPing.)
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:20 am

Oh, it's not for the RP itself. It would just make it easier for us to communicate while we're RPing so we're all on the same page...and also to make smart ass comments.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:31 am

That's what I thought to - just something we could jump into to shoot the breeze. For some reason I thought there was a super easy way to do it without having to install anything or make an account, but I guess I was wrong. :/
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:33 am

There are online IRC clients where you just go to the webpage, but usually they're already set up to have you go to a specific server and channel. But I bet one could go to one of those pages and then manually change the server & channel with commands.

Not all servers require nickserv (a.k.a. "making an account". Really, it's making it so no one else can use your username but you.)

So those are options.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: CHATZY CHAT   IRC Chat for rp? EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:18 pm

How about this?  It's Chatzy  (I just sent an invite to myself and it seems to work well.  No registration or anything)

http://us19.chatzy.com/77454021018812
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRC Chat for rp? Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Chat for rp?   IRC Chat for rp? Empty

Back to top Go down

IRC Chat for rp?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: Out of Character :: Discussion-
Jump to: