Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit Empty
PostSubject: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 am

It was a sight to behold, the arrival of so many ships from so many planets. A summit of eight powers was being held on DS15.
A warship with leaders of the Klingon empire had arrived first, dumping the pompous and fat General Margon Korrd. The Bajoran government was no longer provisional, and had sent Kai Bennya and her consorts to represent Bajor's interests. Where Bajor aimed to advance, so did Cardassia intend to hinder, and Legat Haneri Ghemor, an abrasive Cardassian woman with a heart of iron agreed to talks. The Federation too had their part in the summit, and had sent key figures from the Diplomatic Corps to participate. Ferenginar, upon hearing that the summit would include the opening of new trade agreements, sent Grand Nagus
With the improvement of relations between the Romulan empire and the Federation came their appearance and participation. Even the Tholians and Talarians, despite their xenophobic tendencies, had agreed to appear.
Now the diplomats and their respective staff poured out on to the promenade, and the senior staff stood to greet them. The air crackled with excitement and tension.
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:08 am

Val Etilen slid his hands over the railing of the upper deck and peered down at the congestion. For this event he'd dressed as much like a courtesan as he could afford, with a form-fitting suit and a sheer cloak studded with flat metal disks that caught the light. He watched the procession, analysing each appearance, their power, their wealth, and their likelihood to take an interest. Fortunately with diplomatic summits came weary aides and corrupt politicians, both demographics were likely customers.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 2:26 am

Etilen's hopes were affirmed, two handsome Bajoran clerics locked eyes with him as they passed below. Dressed in matching silk robes, one was dark haired, tall and pale, and the other, equally tall but dark skinned, with high sloping cheek bones and short cropped hair.
In fact, it would prove to be a most bountiful conference for many of the station's businessmen, including the latest business partner and new bosom buddy of the Grand Nagus. This shrill, shriveled Ferengi also drank in Etilen and the nearby Bajoran women.
"So much to see, I bet this station has a lot to offer!"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 am

Val Etilen smoothly descended the largely ceremonial stair that led to the lower level, his cloak flowing lightly behind him. 
He smiled brightly at the Vedeks. Though he was hardly popular among patriotic Bajorans considering what he'd done during the occupation, he considered these visiting clergymen a safe bet. 
He knew from experience that one should never initiate a relationship with a Ferengi unless one was prepared for heavy bartering. No, one must play hard to get with their males and let them make the first offer. It was a shame. They were most generous when they wanted to be, and so very easy to please. 
"Welcome, brothers," he said with confidence and insinuation to the two handsome Bajorans. "My, you must be stiff from your travels. Luckily, there is a most skilled massage artist on board who would be able to accommodate you both. Perhaps at the same time," he added, almost as an afterthought to himself. 
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Denisse looked down upon the people gathered in the space on the promenade. Her eyes scanned the crowd below, looking for a group of people in particular. When she spotted them, she gulped nervously. Never before had she even laid eyes upon the Kai, let alone be assigned to assist the Kai's delegation with simple tasks. So many Vedeks in one place!

She wondered how she'd be received, a human acolyte of the Bajoran faith. Her hands shook a little as she waited for the delegation to be done talking with the other delegates before she would step forward and offer her services. She knew that the Mylars & Prylars assigned to the station had already received them at their shuttle and told them they would be sending an acolyte along later to use as they saw fit, so at least they were expecting her. But would they be expecting a human?
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:45 am

Commander Rai smoothed the wrinkles out of his dress uniform as the crowd parted to let him through. His ears still rang from a hangover, the lights were just so slightly too bright. His senior staff followed behind him, all equally uncomfortable, shifting in the awkward confines of Starfleet dress uniforms. He pushed through, calmly greeting delegates, shaking hands. As if dipping his toe into a warm pool, he peered into their many minds, glimpsing at the surface. He was about to greet Kai Bennya and her representatives when he heard Etilen's piping lisp, hocking his wares. Rai's lips curled downward in horror.
"Are you kidding me? Are you going to do this to me today, Val?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 1:08 am

The middle aged Kai Bennya, prim and pure in her golden silk robes and tightly coiffed blonde hair, peered down at Rai's extended palm, letting it remain unshook.
"I presume you're Commander Rai. Is this how you run your station in the midst of political talks? Collaborator prostitutes and humans treating our customs like costumes? You're off to an embarrassing start."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 am

Val Etilen was unsettled that his reputation had reached the ears of the Kai, but not half so unsettled as he was by the words of the Commander. He did *not* like being in the presence of Betazoids in general, and the thought of his emotions being read like body language was more violating than most other things he could think of.
"Deck 5," he added to the Vedeks with a smile, keeping his posture confident even as he removed himself from the throng and slipped back into the crowd.

Perhaps he should have thrown his chips in with the Ferengi after all. He folded his arms and watched from a safe distance.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 1:57 am

Etilen wrote:
He folded his arms and watched from a safe distance.

Denisse walks up from behind to the Bajoran man in the suit. A bit tentatively, she tugs on his cloak to get his attention.

"Excuse me, but... what are they like, Sir? You know... the Kai & her entourage?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 2:24 am

Etilen broke out of his huff to do a double take at the human in Bajoran acolyte clothes.  He looked back to the procession.
"I know the Prophets chose our Kai for a reason, but they have yet to reveal that to us.  What a judgemental crone."

Last edited by Etilen on Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 2:35 am

Watching the smallish Bajoran man shrink in his periphery, Commander Rai turned his attention back to the Kai.
"I'm proud to say that in keeping with Federation principles, my station is a host to a diverse range of beings and beliefs. I wouldn't have it any other way. I trust that this will be a fruitful and edifying time for all of us. I look forward to our days ahead together. Good day, Kai Bennya." Strange serenity washed over him as he spoke.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 2:58 am

Etilen wrote:
"I know the Profits chose our Kai for a reason, but they have yet to reveal that to us. What a judgemental crone."  

Denisse's face fell. "Really?" She sighed. "Thank you, Sir. May the Prophets walk with you."

As she turned away from the Bajoran, she sighed one last time and set her demeanor, for even though she knew she may face difficulties, she must still serve the Kai & the Vedeks to the best of her ability. The Prophets ask no less of me, she thought. Also, I knew that following the Way of the Prophets wasn't always going to be easy, especially as a human. This isn't the first time it's been difficult and it won't be the last.

Seeing a break in the crowds, she tries to mix dignity, resolve, and humility in her walk as she approaches the Kai & her entourage. With a bowed head, she speaks, trying desperately to have an appropriate blend of confidence (so they will see she's serious about her calling) and humility (again, so they will see she's serious about her calling).

"I am Acolyte Denisse Hyland. It is my great honor to be assigned to serve you as we all serve the Will of the Prophets. If there's anything Your Eminence or the Vedeks require throughout the Summit, please, do not hesitate to let me know. I am at your service day and night."

She pauses, head still bowed, expecting the Kai to reach out to grab her ear and feel her Pagh.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 3:05 am

Gently, the Kai took her face in hand.
"Child, this is no place for make believe. The path of the Prophets is one wrought with peril for non believers. It is a struggle for Bajorans to believe that those untouched by our experiences could understand the path."
Her matronly gaze picked Hyland apart, and her features, sphinx-like, softened.
"But your Pagh? It is is like the uncarved stone, waiting to be shaped by experience; and Suffering. All this will come in time."
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Gently, the Kai took her face in hand.
"Child, this is no place for make believe. The path of the Prophets is one wrought with peril for non believers. It is a struggle for Bajorans to believe that those untouched by our experiences could understand the path."
Her matronly gaze picked Hyland apart, and her features, sphinx-like, softened.
"But your Pagh? It is is like the uncarved stone, waiting to be shaped by experience; and Suffering. All this will come in time."

"Of course, Your Eminence. I am half way through my formal studies to become a Mylar... it has not been easy, especially as a non-Bajoran. My former life had much Suffering, but studying the Way has brought, with its trials & difficulties, a joy and peace like I have never experienced before. I look forward to the Prophets shaping me to Their Will and will gladly undergo whatever They see fit to put me through."

Denisse raises her head and smiles at the Kai, glad for her seeming understanding.

"Once again, I am at your command during your entire trip here. If you would like me to accompany you to the Summit and serve you, my time is yours. Otherwise, if any of you need anything, do not hesitate to let me know. I am most often found at the Temple or my quarters; but if I'm not there, feel free to use the computer to find me."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 7:42 pm

Kai Bennya smiled coolly, slightly perturbed by Hyland's groveling.
"Perhaps you could join us for morning services tomorrow. No doubt you could learn a great deal from actual Bajorans. As an act of good faith, I've brought the Orb of Serenity to the station. You might find exposure to it enlightening. The services are at 0600 hours. I hope to see you there. Good day, Hyland."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit   The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit Empty

Back to top Go down

The Alpha Quadrant Diplomatic Summit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Command-
Jump to: