Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attaining a confession

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Attaining a confession Empty
PostSubject: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Rai had been drinking in his quarters for the last hour, mostly to steel his nerves. He didn't enjoy torturing people, not Cardassians or Jem'Hadar, no one. The psychic drain alone turned him from using his unique set of psyonic skills.
Now pleasantly hazy, he strolled through the station at an easy pace, his hands clasped behind his back. Things had not just returned to normal after the Orb disaster, they had seemingly improved and now, his station was a buzzing, living entity.
At security, he dismissed the guards, those affable, slightly incompetent guards, and waited for Lieutenant Inabnet.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:29 pm

Commander Rai could probably feel T'Pren before he actually saw her: she was a very different emotional being from the one she had been this morning at the staff meetings. The entirety of her Vulcan depths were shut up more tightly than a well-sealed airlock, totally impenetrable without real effort. The only thing she was giving off -- and, oh, was she ever giving it off -- was a radiating heat from her entire body. The poor half-Vulcan was barely holding the reins on a Klingon-sized lust for blood or boning or both, an electric charge so overwhelming she was practically crawling out of her skin.

Her hair was French-braided back to expose her ears and she was breathing in and out as slowly as possible as she approached, trying to wrestle herself into submission. In not too too long, she'd have a wicked bruise on her jaw that would take up nearly half her face and an equally colorful marking on her wrist, but for now it was just mildly greener than the rest of her.

T'Pren presented herself in front of Rai with raised brows and an almost apologetic look. Because she knew exactly what he was getting from her.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:35 pm

"Lieutenant. I like what you've done with your hair," he said. "Do you want to talk, before we do this? Sometimes it helps if you clear your mind. People like Tahain pick up on the baggage you bring to the table, and she'll try to zero in on it. I just don't want you to get hurt."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyMon May 19, 2014 8:47 pm

For a moment, T'Pren looked genuinely confused about the hair compliment. She even reached up to touch it and found her fingers sliding over her pointed ears. Oh, right. She'd braided it before the Cardassian...

She was all prepared to smile at the Commander for noticing when he asked if she wanted to talk. She breathed out a barked laugh and gave Rai a comically helpless shrug. "I wouldn't even know what to say, sir," she admitted.

Hey, PS, I think I might want to bone that Cardassian who was in my room or at least please him a lot in kind of whatever way he wants? Also I almost jumped your counselor and tactical officer a few minutes ago in the Holosuites. Ready to go torture this lady?

"I'll try to calm down. I don't know what's..." She shook her head more to clear it than to say she didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:28 pm

"I saw him too, you know. It's not as horrid for me as it is for you, I'm used to it. For what it's worth, I'm so sorry. You and I are going to go in there, and we're going to put this right," he said. He clasped her on the shoulder.
"You with me?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Alarm burned through T'Pren's body, her eyes widening. "You saw him too?" She was still locked down emotionally, but that response was all mammilian brain. "What did he say to you?" The half-Vulcan didn't even bother to make it sound less desperate than it was, despite the fact that her Vulcan mind was telling her that if she'd been outed as the twisted lab rat she was, Rai probably wouldn't be treating her like this.

With his hand on her shoulder, she closed her eyes and forced herself to be still inside, for the lust and all that excess energy to take a backseat at least for a little while.

She didn't dare think openly about the intruder in her room, but instead focused on the one in the brig. Because if she could figure out what was done to her and maybe even who the male Cardassian was, she could quite possibly undo whatever conditioning was left over and never have the Commander be the wiser about her iffy loyalties.

When she opened her eyes, she was (mostly) centered. "I'm with you," she replied softly.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:48 pm

"He just talked trash, you know Cardassians. Bluster and bravado, attempting to intimidate. We'll find him, I promise you, and when we do, I will handle him personally. Now let's do this, and, if it's too much for, just touch my arm again. No matter what, I have your back. Don't forget it."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:53 pm

The young lieutenant was very careful to avoid thinking at all about handling the Cardassian man or even whether or not she hoped he was found. Thankfully, the Commander was making that easy on her. Gratitude swept through her at his reassurances and she even managed a little smile. "You deserve that promotion," she told him sincerely. Then she tugged down on her uniform to make sure it was in place and waited for Rai to lead the way inside.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 7:57 pm

"Just wait til you see me in the chair," he said, smirking wickedly at her.
He walked her into the holding area again. The two Ranjen shied away from him this time.
"Relax boys, I'm not here for you, I'm here for your mother," he gestured mockingly to Tahain.
"How are you feeling today, Mila?" he asked her.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:00 pm

"How thoughtful of you to ask, Rai. The food is garbage, and your guards are cretins," she said, spitting her words.
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:03 pm

T'Pren couldn't help but grin back at Rai, which put her in a much better place when they actually entered the room. She still had an internal anxiety that was no doubt a mixture of worry about the Cardassian man talking to Rai and her carefully contained sexual energy, but her expression was Vulcan for Mila. Vulcan with that sort of human softness she'd offered when she promised to be her advocate.

This time she was the one who set up the two chairs, waiting for the Commander to take one before settling down posture-perfect in the other. "Have you given some thought to my offer?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:08 pm

"Now now, this isn't a Risan vacation, Doctor. My Lieutenant and I are here to attain a confession on behalf of the Bajoran government. I would prefer it if you made it easy on myself and my compatriot, as she's the one who will be pleading for clemency on your behalf."
He began to place subtle pressure on her in his mind already. He had visualizations in his head for this; he closed his eyes, and in the expanse saw a lone Cardassian woman as she really was. Old, frightened, guarding a massive library of secrets in her Byzantine conduits. The terrible weight of suppressed conscience, and the hopelessness that followed. He stood far above her now, and as if looking down below, he dropped a stone on her. A small stone.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:14 pm

"Commander, you've barely given me a chance to respond. We had men like you in the Order, far too gleeful and overeager in their sadism. Their subjects barely lasted the hour," she quipped.
She clasped the sides of her head.
"Must you do that?" she said, "It takes me back to all those terrible Kanar hangovers, it makes it difficult to answer you."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:18 pm

He clenched his fist to focus, making his knuckles crack.
"Answer my Lieutenant, we'll wrap this up quickly. Unlike your Obsidian Order agents, my conscience haunts me, even now in this act. My duty to the Federation is greater than my conscience."
Mila's nose began to bleed again.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:21 pm

The comparison of Rai to the Obsidian Order rankled T'Pren, although she was careful not to show it. The Commander would be able to feel it, though, affront at the insult and protectiveness toward him. But she knew very well that rising to a Cardassian jibe was the worst possible thing to do in a situation like this.

"You're stalling," the half-Vulcan pointed out frankly to the doctor, her voice cool even as she reached over without looking to touch Rai's arm. "You answered perfectly well last time through much worse. We'll get what we want eventually one way or the other, but one way involves you retaining the ability to feed yourself and the other..."

T'Pren shrugged. "Would it be easier if we moved your men out of the room or sedated them? We can tell them later how much we hurt you before you caved."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Dr. Tahain began to curl into a fetal position. Her eyes cracked open, to peer at T'Pren.
"Girl, stop him... stop him and I'll tell you where your fathers are! They live. Spare me, and I'll tell you where they are. I'll give you everything. Give me a PADD, you'll have a full report."
She curled smaller, as small as she could get, as if shrinking would save her from the onslaught.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:26 pm

There was no more nervous energy. There was no more anything but nausea and emptiness. Just miles and miles of empty Vulcan nothingness. T'Pren stared at the doctor blankly at first, and then, machine-like, and with a voice so quiet and disconnected that it was particularly dangerous coming from someone so slender and sweet: "You lie."

Her hand was still on Rai's arm, but it hovered, no longer sure whether or not she wanted him to stop.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:29 pm

"They're in a Cardassian penal colony deep in the Badlands. They're alive. I'll give you your confession and I'll give you their coordinates. Please," she sobbed, "Just make it stop."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:32 pm

T'Pren's hand wrapped around Rai's wrist a little more tightly than she may have needed to. "Stop," she said out loud, still more robot than feeling.

After a moment's pause, she told the doctor in that same fatal voice, "If any part of your report is false or misleading..."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Rai broke his gaze from Mila and heaved an audible sigh of relief.
"Lieutenant, I don't believe she's lying," he said flatly. The darkness of the holding area concealed how anemic he had started to look, and the nausea that crept up on him.
He lowered the force field and chucked a pad into her cell.
"I'll be back tomorrow morning to collect your report. Lieutenant, we're finished here."

Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyTue May 20, 2014 8:52 pm

A thick, hot lump began to form in T'Pren's throat at the Commander's words and that void inside her started to vibrate. Just about all the blood in her body rushed into her face and neck and her gently pointed ears.

She stood and walked up to the replaced force field, staring defiantly down at the crumpled form of the Cardassian woman. "My name is not now, nor has it ever been 'girl'. My name is T'Pren."

The half-Vulcan wanted to walk off like she just dropped the mic, but at the last second she remembered how the Commander had looked last time and instead waited by his side to make sure he didn't need help leaving the room.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:12 am

On principle, he refused to show weakness in front of the prisoners. He stood slowly and left Security in silence.
Outside the doors of security, he leaned against a nearby wall. He had broken out into a cold sweat, and his skin and turned pale yellow. As the Lieutenant caught up to him, he glanced at her over his shoulder at her, and dabbed the perspiration from his temples with his sleeve in a vain attempt to keep up appearances.
"So they're alive. What do you think of that?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:17 am

She didn't yet. Think of it. Not at all. How could she? T'Pren's emotional state kept fluctuating between nausea and nothingness and that vibrating, lump-in-the-throat state. So she did the only thing she could do:

The lieutenant took care of Rai. She shook her head silently at him to show he should just stop talking for a minute, and, with the same look of concentration she'd had the last time they did this, reached for his temple and cheek with her fingers split down the middle.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:24 am

He caught her fingers, gently, before they made contact with his head.
"T'Pren, no" he said, instead of the formal 'Lieutenant,' "It's much more than you can handle right now. You'll put yourself in the infirmary if you do."
He held her hand to his chest instead, gently, as if it were an injured bird.
"In fact, I'm likely to end up there soon if I don't eat and sit down. Did you ever try a burger when you were at the Academy? I could really go for one."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession EmptyWed May 21, 2014 1:31 am

Though she remained almost entirely neutral both emotionally and physically, Rai's shifting of her hand from his face to his chest stirred something. It was all very distant and she certainly didn't cry, but her eyes moistened as she studied her commanding officer. She didn't even correct him when he called her by her full name.

"Dad used--" Mm, no. Can't make that sentence. T'Pren dropped her gaze down and slightly to the side, making absolutely no move to take back her hand from Rai's chest. In fact, she splayed out her fingers there, pressing her palm to his uniform.

Finally, she just murmured, "I don't think I could eat anything. But I'll walk with you." Because if he went weak, she was definitely taking some of the pressure from his mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attaining a confession   Attaining a confession Empty

Back to top Go down

Attaining a confession
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Security-
Jump to: