Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A New Doctor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:37 pm

The selfsame ship which was to bring Dr. Ozan out to the Gamma quadrant for her first deployment came over from Earth to supply DS15 with an acting medical officer during her periods away. He was to report any updates to her upon her returns to the station so she could continue serving.

Among the crowd of newly graduated Ensigns was a figure who could be mistaken for a light-haired human from far away, but upon closer regard, was obviously a machine. They had yellow tempered glass eyes, sculpted hair, and skin which was only soft where it absolutely needed to be - fingertips, face, joints - otherwise they were smooth as matte plastic and the seams where different parts connected were subtle but visible. Unlike a true Soong android, this model's veins were not functionally visible through the skin. Though they looked pleasant enough, they were not crafted with the finesse of an artist wishing to create true life - simply by a craftsman wishing to emulate it.

Already wearing their medical uniform, they carried their case onto the bay and scanned the faces of the inhabitants for anyone they should greet - internally comparing faces to star fleet records of the people who served on the station.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Rai, still reeling from a night of Romulan Ale, rounded the corner to spot the eerie new doctor.
"Ah, you must be Zima 8, I'm Captain Darren Rai. Welcome aboard, I'm so glad we have someone to stand in for a physician as competent as Regan."
He shook the cool hand of the android briskly, noting an abyss where humanoid sensation would be.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 6:28 pm

Zíma smiled without enthusiasm.
"Yes, hello, Captain. I am so pleased to meet you," though the android's words didn't sound dishonest, they felt more ceremonial than genuine.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 11:55 pm

"Would you like a tour of the station? I can introduce you to the crew, show you around. We'll be embarking on an away mission at the end of the week on the Hippolyta, you'll be needed there the most," he said. Rai had the distinct sensation of talking to a wall.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:14 am

"I have installed an internal map of the station into my bearings system, so a tour will not be necessary," Zíma's glass eyes flashed over Rai's entire body, analyzing him as much as they could. "Since Dr. Ozan is leaving today I should have access to the medical records she has amassed as soon as possible. I would also like to be briefed on your mission in the Hippolyta. If you have the time."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:23 am

"We'll have a staff meeting tomorrow, I'll brief you along with everyone else," he said. "You have authorization to view her files from her office, it should be easy enough for you from there. If there's nothing you need me for, I'll let you go on your way," he said. He was slightly unsettled by how little he was needed.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:28 am

"Splendid," Zíma smiled, and squeezed Rai's shoulder in an imitation of familiarity. "Though I do not require 'personal' space or a bed, it is within my rights as a sentient being to have quarters. I assume you've prepared them?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 am

Rai's eyes shot to the hand on his shoulder. "Naturally, Dr...8? Do you prefer Zima, 8, or Doctor 8?"
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 10:34 am

"The number 8 distinguishes me from the other Zíma squadron models, so you might say it is my given name," The android shrugged, following the Captain where he lead. "However, since no other Zíma models remain functional, it really doesn't matter whether I am the eighth or the first. In any case, most humanoids are more comfortable with Zíma, since they are unnerved by being numbered themselves." Zíma was aware they hadn't answered Rai's question about preference exactly, but they hadn't gotten a grasp of their own preferences, in many cases.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 4:58 pm

"Doctor Zima it is," he said, glancing at him as they walked. "Ozan ran things pretty tightly, I'm going to ask that you don't change things up too much at first. The crew is adaptable, but they've been through a lot in the last week. I need you to be patient with them, as patient as your programming will permit."
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:40 am

Zíma nodded, clasping their hands behind their back as they walked.
"You may consider me an extension of Ozan's will."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:44 am

"Brilliant," he said. "Do you have any questions about your time here on the station? Is there anything I haven't covered for you?" he asked as he walked him to his quarters.
Back to top Go down
Zima 8

Zima 8

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:53 am

"Yes, there is one thing.  Can you teach me how to love?"  Zíma was silent for several moments before they pushed open the panel of their door with a smile that was almost genuine.  "That was a joke."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:56 am

Rai grimaced in embarrassment. "Very good. You keep on that. Good morning, then."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Doctor   A New Doctor Empty

Back to top Go down

A New Doctor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Docking Bay-
Jump to: