Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Victims of the Orb

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:52 am

Denisse had certainly been brave, she had brought the injured to the infirmary. The elderly Bajoran woman gratefully clasped her hand after Denisse had laid her on the operating table, not letting go.
"You've been chosen by the Prophets, won't you stay with me until the doctor arrives?" she says.
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyThu May 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Denisse weighs staying with the woman vs. going back and bringing more injured to sick bay.

"I'll stay until someone comes to care for you, but then I must go back and help more injured people. Do not worry, the Prophets spared you, too. They are with you as well."

Inside Denisse's mind, however, she wasn't so sure. Why the destruction? Why would her Gods harm so many people? And this was the Orb of Serenity. It didn't seem serene. Did something happen with the Orb? Perhaps it was booby trapped? But who would do that? And why?

A million questions flooded through Denisse's head... questions of the meaning of her vision, questions regarding the orb's behavior... it was too much for now. Questions can come later. For now, we have a situation on our hands that must be dealt with. And so she decided to do what she had been taught to do to quiet her mind.

Pray.

Denisse begins to chant quietly in Ancient Bajoran, praying a common prayer of protection. She chants in loudly enough for the woman to hear, knowing the woman will know it and join her. The familiar words and sounds are soothing, calming, and quiet the chatter in Denisse's mind. It is the Serenity of the Prophets.
Back to top Go down
ReganOzan

ReganOzan

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyFri May 02, 2014 3:34 am

Regan looked up as two more people beamed into the infirmary. The place was already crowded with people sporting injuries from whatever had caused the weird energy shudders. She strode over to the newcomers - a human female (wearing a Bajoran D'ja Pagh) supporting an elderly Bajoran woman in Vedek robes.
"You came from the temple, I presume..." She said under her breath.
The elderly Bajoran woman was in bad shape, but she seemed calm and tranquil - unlike the human, who seemed fine, but had been muttering nervously under her breath when Regan approached.
"You look like you're alright, but I'm going to give you a quick scan before sending you back for more injured."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyFri May 02, 2014 9:53 pm

Acolyte Hyland is in the pink of health. She hasn't got a cut or bruise on her.
At that moment, Kai Bennya is brought in to the infirmary. She objects loudly. "No, you can't! Not like this, I'm fine!" she claims. A cut on her forehead trickles blood.
"Please don't scan me, not like this. I can't! Just let me go back to my quarters!" She tries to bolt, and sits down on the floor.
Back to top Go down
ReganOzan

ReganOzan

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyMon May 05, 2014 11:48 am

The Bajoran woman is not looking too hot. She sits on the floor trying to catch her breath. Regan kneels in front of her and holds up a placating hand. "Alright. Alright. I can't scan you without your permission unless you are in an emergency state. So tell you what. If you can make it out the door and stop blocking the entrance of my infirmary in the next five seconds, I'll declare you healthy and let you go to your quarters. If not, I'm scanning you and giving you the medical attention you clearly need."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyTue May 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Kai Bennya faints on the floor, giving Dr. Ozan the time she needs to use a tricorder on her. The scans on Bennya indicate a woman of cooler blood and significant amounts of plastic surgery; even the delicate spoon shaped bone ridges on her forehead, concealed by dermal generation.
Back to top Go down
ReganOzan

ReganOzan

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:21 pm

Rehab stares at the readings. Well that was unexpected. She gestures to nurse Valix'Pran to take the Kai to bed near the back of the infirmary. Just then her com badge chirps. "Dr. Ozan, please hold the Kai for the time being -- I want full scans run on her." Regan presses her com badge, "commander, I've already run initial scans and they show... Actually I think you'd better come here whe. You have a moment. I think this situation is bigger than we thought."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:10 pm

Commander Rai arrives with Lieutenant Inabnet. They carefully navigate through the chaos of the injured to the unconscious body of the Kai.  
"Doctor Ozan, report. Who is she?"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Cardassian, T'Pren answered silently, but she didn't dare say it out loud in a room full of scared Bajorans. No, if anyone was going to start another riot today, it was going to have to be Regan, and it was going to be with science rather than Orb visions and conjecture.

Mostly she stared at the unconscious "Kai", but when she finally met eyes with her Academy mate, the look she gave spoke volumes about the kind of day she was having.
Back to top Go down
ReganOzan

ReganOzan

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 12:01 am

Regan steers them to a corner of the supply area, where other occupants will have to strain to overhear them.
"I don't know who she is. But I know what she's not, and she is not a Bajoran. Now. I don't want to make any assumptions about anyone's ability to follow any particular faith, but I do have a hard time believing that a disguised Cardassian has been quietly climbing up the ranks to become Kai strictly for love of the prophets. I'd say either the real Kai has been replaced, or this lady has been planning one heck of a long game. (Hi Pren. You look awful.)"
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:20 am

This time the look T'Pren gives Regan is flat to show her comment is unappreciated. "Thanks, Doc," she snarks back before turning all her attention very seriously to the commander.

"She was murdered. The beings connected to the Orb showed me. She was poisoned and beamed into space." She keeps her voice low and casts glances toward the part of the infirmary housing the patients and those comforting them. "That's why the Orb attacked. They said the Orb had been handled by "bloody fingers"."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:49 am

"Keep her under sedation until you have her fixed up, Dr. Ozan. Once she's fit, beam her directly to a holding cell. I'm turning her over to the Bajoran government; but not before I find out who she really is."
He tapped his comm badge. On to the next problem. Worst. Summit. Ever.
"Attention: All residents currently located in the Habitat ring. A threat has been reported, please evacuate immediately."
He turned to Lt. Inabnet and spoke. His head rang with the terror of his station's residents. He was sure he failed the lot of them today. If he survived, he would surely reprimanded, even stripped of a pip.
"I need the bomb threat in the habitat ring identified, and I need it beamed off. The last thing I need is a hole blown in my station," he said. Now he was focused to a sharp point. He wanted to tear bulkheads off until he found them. He wanted the false Kai dragged up before a tribunal. He wanted the three of them to face a trial.
"I want Ozan to keep a triage team on standby in case it blows, and I want a full security detail tracking down her Ranjen before they get off the station. Halt all outgoing ships. Keep them stuck here, they're not getting off this station before I look them in the eye. GO. MOVE."
Back to top Go down
ReganOzan

ReganOzan

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:41 am

Regan nodded her assent to orders and gave a quick smile to T'Pren. Even in these dire circumstances, it was nice to have a friend back. "See you later, slacker," she said quietly, giving T'Pren's shoulder a grounding squeeze, before getting straight to work.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:53 am

If it were any other day and any other circumstances, T'Pren probably would have said something sassy back to Regan. So it was a testament to her emotional state that she, not the touchiest of half-humans, clasped her hand briefly over the doctor's on her shoulder and gave her friend a grateful look. And then it was all crisis management:

"Yes, sir," the lieutenant replied firmly to Rai before scanning the room for the nearest unused computer console. There was one back in the thick of the patients and T'Pren headed right for it. "I'm commandeering this," she called over her shoulder to Regan.

Even with her brain on hard Vulcan lockdown, those live-wire, raw emotions were snapping and sparking, even more active now that there were Cardassians trying to kill them. But there was no time for anything but action, so her fingers were already flying across the screen even before she tapped her comm: "Inabnet to Command, I'm taking control of the science station remotely." And then, "How's the Orb?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:59 am

"It's glowing, but it's quiet now."
While it was easy for T'Pren to locate the bomb in Val's quarters due to the antimatter used, she found it much more difficult to get a lock on it. In fact, it was impossible to get a lock on it.
Back to top Go down
ReganOzan

ReganOzan

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:04 am

All the off-duty doctors and nurses had already been called after the orb strangeness, and were currently clogging up the space with well-intentioned chaos. It had been (mercifully? unfortunately?) a long time since any of them had had to work in emergency circumstances - if at all. She pointed at three, "Doctor Pasha, Nurse Rodin, and Doctor Plaix: You three are my emergency team" (so chosen because of their diverse skill sets, and proximity to the door) "I want you to be ready in case a bomb goes off in the habitat ring - and no" she said, voice rising to cut off the question, "I have no idea where that might happen. Just. Be everywhere." If anyone could do it, it was these three.
She turned back to the injured impostor Kai, and got to work.
A little part of her was thrilled that the Kai was a secret Cardassian. Cardassian physiology is fascinating.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:20 am

There was no part of T'Pren thrilled at the Cardassian situation. She had hoped to have a little more time to adjust to the station before dealing with her captor species in quite such a direct manner. Of course, she also wasn't really expecting to see her father's face, so clearly this was going to be an eventful journey for the bomb-focused half-breed.

Her fingers on the console became more and more frustrated and faster and faster until finally she let out a curse under her breath. "I found it, sir, but I can't get a lock on it." She tried one more thing and then hissed out a sharp breath. "Not from here." There were really only two choices...go to the bomb or try the transporter room. Somehow she didn't imagine her curiosity would lead her to familial hugs twice in one day.

She tapped her comm, but she was already sprinting out into the corridor. "Transporter room, I'm sending you the exact position of the bomb. I want you as close to a lock as you can get by the time I get to you."

By the time this day was through, T'Pren was probably going to give herself a tour of the entire station at a full run.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:18 pm

"We have the coordinates, we can't get a lock," said the young ensign at the transporter room.
"What are your orders? We can beam you to it."
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 2:58 pm

T'Pren was already a good ways to the transporter room when the ensign said "beam you to it". She stopped in her tracks, Vulcan heart barely beating faster below her ribs. Her expression is one of flat displeasure as she considered her options.

Option 1: continue to the transporter room and possibly kill a lot of people on the station.
Option 2: get beamed to the bomb and possibly kill herself, but save the station.

"Son of a Vorta," the lieutenant snarled under her breath before tapping her comm.

"I need a containment field in place and ready to go around the potential blast radius. Once I've beamed to the bomb..." Yeah, what then? She grimaced. "I'll put it in something else and attach my comm badge. You can lock onto that and beam it out." Otherwise she'd have to football run the damn thing through the station to the airlock.

"On my mark." She knelt slightly, preparing for the transporter lock. "Now!"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyWed May 07, 2014 3:02 pm

T'Pren is beamed over to the Habitat Ring, in Val's quarters.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:50 pm

(OOC) Question: did I hear the comments about the Kai not being Bajoran/being Cardassian?
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyFri May 09, 2014 3:54 pm

(OOC) I believe we were being surreptitious, but you would eventually be aware that the Kai was being transferred to the brig and of anything Pren said at the wall console.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyFri May 09, 2014 4:41 pm

"Excuse me. Someone? Am I fit to go? Do you need help bringing more of the injured back here?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:39 pm

The worst of the injuries have been resolved, and the damage is under control. Acolyte Hyland is released to go into the Promenade, where people are turning their carts upright, sweeping up broken glass, and re-hanging signs. Everyone is slightly shaken, but alive. There were no casualties.
The diplomats from the Summit are now out in the Promenade. Some have filed into the bar.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Victims of the Orb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Victims of the Orb   Victims of the Orb Empty

Back to top Go down

Victims of the Orb
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Infirmary-
Jump to: