Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? Empty
PostSubject: When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?   When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:24 am

What do we do when someone else gets something wrong about one of our characters?

Example: Regan wrote that my character was wearing a D'ja Pagh, one of the Bajoran earrings. Actually, my character does not, as she is human and does not have a caste, while, to the best of my knowledge, the earrings signify the caste of the particular Bajoran in question. (Correct me if I'm misremembering.) She's considered getting one but wanted to talk to a member of the hierarchy re: the appropriateness of it, but has been too afraid to bring it up, worried they might think she's trying to appropriate their culture. I was hoping perhaps someday there could be a ceremony for that.

So where do we go from here? What do we do? (I don't want the person playing Regan to feel bad... I'm not saying this to insult them. I'm just wondering how it's handled.)
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?   When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:27 am

Send her a PM. Regan is a big time DS9 fan, and a total sweetheart. I think she just assumed that's where your character is at.
I have a feeling that there might be a future for Denisse in Bajoran society. Just explain that your character hasn't progressed that far yet. NBD.
Back to top Go down
DenisseAHyland

DenisseAHyland

PostSubject: Re: When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?   When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:30 am

Ok, thanks.

I'll admit, Voyager is my favorite of all the series. I've watched all of DS9 and enjoy it (and have been going back and rewatching parts of it, mainly the parts with Vedek Bareil because HOT!), but it's not my primary interest, so I'm probably a little fuzzy on the details of the DS9 universe.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?   When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:34 am

I was really into Voyager until Seven tbh. I ::want:: to ship Seven/Janeway but Seven is too childlike. It started to feel gross to me.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?   When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:38 am

For my part, I'm totally cool with people adding out-of-character edits to their posts, like just..

(correction, Denisse is not wearing an earring)

I dunno. Maybe we could use this as a way to snark during play too?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?   When Someone Else Gets It Wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

When Someone Else Gets It Wrong?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: Out of Character :: Discussion-
Jump to: