Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag Empty
PostSubject: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Name:
Lyfalten zh'Undaag (Lyfalten, zhen of Undaag clan)
May sometimes refer to herself as Lyfalten zh'Kagut (zhen of No Clan)
Known most commonly as Falten
Her full Andorian song name is: Falykken ma Rumat ga challorn n'Zhu Undaag Hug ga Lyfalten kur zhukek - "The storm full of lightning lit The Deepening flower with Undaag song." No one but her Andorian clan knows that name, however, and it is not on any official documentation except on Andor.

Race:
Andorian

Zhen (one of the four genders in Andorian society) Goes by English female pronouns (she, her, hers). Zhen is one of the two more "female" genders in Andorian society.

Birthplace:
Andor, outside Tarsk, on the shore of the La Len Ocean. The Undaag Clan was traditionalist and refused the computer-bonding models, and, as such, Lyfalten was one of the last children born to her clan. She does not know if the Undaag survived the Changelings infiltration.

Sexual Orientation:
Quad-bonding of the Andorian people, though she displays no sexual preference to anyone at this point in her life.  Male and female genders can be attractive to her, generally. The scars from not bonding have left her very closed off to intimacy of any kind.

Appearance:
Tall and lean, a solid 5'9", and the antennae make it six feet when they are extended upwards. She is a slightly paler, softer blue than the average Andorian - there is a mystery strain of Aenar blood in her, though none of the Undaag clan have ever admitted to being the source of the infidelity. Her antennae are segmented, but slightly thinner and more delicate than typical Andorian antennae, due to the Aenar genetics. Her eyes are large and grey-green (the colour of her homeworld thunderclouds, and her namesake), fringed with white lashes and framed by sharp white brows. Her lips are naturally a darker shade of blue than her skin. Her hair is bone white as well, casually fringed in the front, but usually tied in any number of braid variations in the back. She occassionally will dye it as well, though Andorian hair does not keep dye very well, so it is an infrequent and short-lived event.

Her appearance and clothing is a motley collection of the cultures she has come into contact with - she avoids the traditional garb and look of her people, but combines pieces and styles from across the galaxy into an eclectic wardrobe that suits her just fine. Many of her favorite items are unclaimed pieces that were abandoned by bar-goers after one too many Samarian sunsets, and she simply took them for her own.

She has a few tattoos and the rare scarification from her time in the underworld of systems, and only a few are visible at a time, depending on her clothing of choice. The most visible is a vertical dark tattoo along the left side of the back of her neck, written in Klingon, that reads "qoH vuvbe' SuS" or "The wind does not respect a fool."

History:
She never, ever speaks of her history, if she can help it. Born on Andor, in a small clan village, she was the only child of her parents bond. There is Aenar blood in her, but neither her chaan, thaan or shen has admitted to having the illicit relations which tainted her blood. The Undaag clan was one of the last traditionalists to resist the computer-bond system to save their race's numbers, feeling that a computer devised system was rejecting the way of their gods. Falten was never in a bond group, and because of this, her Undaag clan rejected her and ostracized her, saying their gods had refused her. She left Andor as soon as she could barter passage off of the moon, and has never returned.

She traveled through stations and ships and systems, earning her keep working menial jobs and absorbing an incredible amount of information from eavesdropping and listening to patrons idle chatter. Most of her history is vague and much of it is omitted intentionally.

She never speaks of her past, preferring to pull stories from her clientele rather than spread her own. She has no "friends," only contacts on other systems.

Personality:
Soft-spoken by Andorian nature, but also by nature she feels very deeply and passionately, she just does not often show it. She has a learned sense of sharp wit and vulgarity which is more distinct in her than the general anti-social tendencies of Andorians. The sarcasm and hard edges come from years of working in the slums and seedier bars of the galaxy, taking abuse for her Andorian qualities. Hides a very deep shame behind her sharpness and worldly knowledge.

Skills:
Slight telepathic ability, masterful bartender, skilled in navigating dangerous situations, gifted musician, knowledgeable in botany, basic combat skills over a variety of weaponry.

Disadvantages:
Anti-social, not as physically strong as full Andorians, has no problems dealing outside of the law on occasion, can be difficult to work with.

What Brings Her To DS15?:
One too many phaser fights in her last few bars sent her seeking a new home base, far from any vestige of conflict. Her skills and reputation as a barkeep worked their way through the systems, and she found herself a job offer and a new residence in the outer reaches of Federation space, just as she wanted it. A supply shuttle would be her transport - no need for a passenger class.

Possessions:
A Flabbjellah, a Vulcan lute, and Ressikan flute are her prized instruments, and a collection of bonsai-type trees from across the galaxy.

((Will adjust as I rescue things from my expired Microsoft Office Suite - thank you for having me!!!))
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyTue May 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
https://deepspace15.rpg-board.net
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:08 pm

Shall I make a new forum for the bar? If so, what are we calling it?
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 1:55 pm

I don't know, but I want to open a bar in NYC and name it Drunk Tank as of about two minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:08 pm

A bar forum would be fab, for all those off-duty nights drowning in Romulan Ale; but does the bar already have a name? Did the holo name it?

And Pren YUP. NEEDS TO HAPPEN. ASAP.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey, if you take it over, the naming rights are all yours.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:01 pm

Yep yep! You decide whether you created the bar and have just been away, or if you took it over from someone else, or if you just got sent there.
Just run it by Admin to make sure it checks out and I'll make the forum!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:02 pm

ooh let me know what you decide. We've had a hologram bartender so far, and not a very good one.
Back to top Go down
T'Pren Inabnet

T'Pren Inabnet

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Poor ol' Holographic Joe. He tries so hard.
Back to top Go down
Lyfalten zh'Undaag

Lyfalten zh'Undaag

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:41 pm

SCHWEEET. I think she was sent there from another system, and you know what? Maybe she'll keep Holographic Joe around to assist her as needed. She'll move in and redecorate to her liking after she arrives. Feel out the crowd, as it were.

I'm torn between a few names - maybe it should be up to a local vote (among bar patrons) for the favorite?

Hair of the Antican
Endgame
Fringe System
The Ceti Eel
(and possibly best suggestion could win too)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyWed May 07, 2014 7:46 pm

I like The Ceti Eel because I can imagine crew members asking each other if they want to meet at the eel later. They're all good though!
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag EmptyThu May 08, 2014 3:55 pm

I like the Ceti Eel too - I'm gonna make the forum, and Admin + Lyfalten - if you could do a general description of what you envision for it, that would be awesome.

(I can always change the name again if you wish)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag   Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Barkeep Lyfalten zh'Undaag
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: Out of Character :: Character Introductions-
Jump to: