Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scheduled Appointment

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

Scheduled Appointment  Empty
PostSubject: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:45 pm

The time had finally come for Tal'Ara's physical examination. She had been dreading this since she arrived, and had been looking for every possible excuse to avoid it. But the Commander insisted, so she had no choice. Though, her indignation about it probably only helped her cause in remaining a believable, disgruntled Romulan who had just joined Starfleet. Of course, that was the positive side about her acting like she didn't want to do it, but in actuality, she just really didn't like the idea of being poked and prodded by some Trill who probably had no knowledge of Romulan physiology.

So, begrudgingly, Tal'Ara entered sick bay and sat down in the foyer. She hailed a nurse walking by with a tray of frightening surgical equipment.

"Could you please let the doctor know that Lieutenant Commander Tal'Ara is here for her physical examination," she said, rather sharply.

The nurse nodded and went to find the doctor.

As Tal'Ara waited, she began counting a sequence of number in her head that she often visited when she was bored. 2 4 6 3 1 8 7 9 2 2 5....

She fidgeted with the positioning of her com badge as she counted.

Her OCD was a useful tool, in a way. If she was in the presence of telepaths, she could simply go to her numbers, and occupy her thoughts. This helps keep the covert mission out of her head, where any nosy telepath or empath might be listening.

It was for this reason Tal'Ara left her condition untreated.

She let out an impatient and somewhat nervous sigh, and checked the time.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm

Val Etilen breezed into the foyer of sickbay wearing a thin silk shirt that fastened down the side with copper buttons. The presence of a Romulan startled him, but he relaxed when he noticed her comm badge. He gave her a smile and sat down across from her.

He hoped he wouldn't have to deal with Ozan directly, and even if so, that his exam would be quick so he could continue to his date.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

The sight of the impish Bajoran fluttering into the room made Tal'Ara's right eyebrow raise.

And when he smiled at her, she curtly nodded back.

She recognized him from the previous night.

There was a long awkward silence, which Tal'Ara decided to break.

"Commander Rai tells me you are some sort of entrepreneur?" she asked somewhat sardonically, but still forcing a smile.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:34 pm

Val chuckled.
"I wouldn't describe myself that way.. I think the Commander thinks my business is more robust than it is. I simply rent my companionship." he slid his hands down his thighs and locked his fingers over his knees. "And I have extensive experience helping high ranking officers find release from the stress of their duties," he added with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:43 pm

"I see," she chuckled, "I bet the stress on this station keeps your coffers quite full."

She did find him rather attractive. And she appreciated his honesty and self-awareness - but he was probably much too young.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Val shrugged happily. "I don't do badly." He glanced at the not-quite-bustling infirmary.
"If you're waiting for Dr. Ozan, she may be a bit hung over. Judging by what she was up to last night."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Tal'Ara let out a sigh of disapproval.

"I told Commander Rai this was going to happend."

Another awkward silence passed, but for some reason, Tal'Ara, who usually dislikes small talk, felt compelled to continue the conversation.

"I retired early last night. Did I miss anything interesting?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:06 pm

"I was too engaged in my very interesting client to notice." Etilen said haughtily. "But.. last I checked several high ranking officers were acting like excitable teenagers. They may be sticking to root beer for the next few days."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:18 pm

"Who was your client? Or do you not kiss and tell?" she teased.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:24 pm

"They're an endangered species," Val told her, with boastful excitement. "A Phr... yle.. something," he waved his arm. "But if we're compatible, they'll be my first non-humanoid. Have you ever made love outside your species? It's very interesting, especially when there's a blood temperature difference."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Tal'Ara had been intimate with a few people outside of her species while on assignment. Sometimes you have to go to great lengths to to keep your cover. That is not to say she didn't enjoy her time with them - one in particular.

"I have. But much like you, it was all business," she said, carefully.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:38 pm

Val leaned back, genuinely surprised. "Really. Diplomatic necessity?"
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptyFri May 16, 2014 11:50 pm

"Something like that," she said, somewhat coldly.

Tal'Ara was generally a private person, but this topic in particular was one she avoided at all costs. Because of the nature of her work, she never really had time to find a companion, or at least not for very long. But there was one assignment, when she was just starting out, where she fell in love with her target - a Vulcan scientist. Killing him was the hardest thing she ever had to do. But as much as she loved him, she loved her work even more. Since then, she has had many one night trists while on missions, and even a few regular companions back on Romulus. But she never quite let anyone get that close again. It was too dangerous to jeopardize the mission like that. When you have a job to do, you cant let lust impede you from your goal.

She decided to change the subject.

"Bajoran faith has always intrigued me. Are you devout?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:02 am

Val shrugged. "It is part of my culture. I was raised to pray and respect the prophets, and so I do.. though I've never held the belief that they care about us very much, or even listen to prayers." He shook off the unexpected honesty - his relationship with the Prophets really wasn't anyone's business. He thought of them as absent parents, who had let their children be abused and slighted without doing much of anything to help.
He turned his head and showed Tal'Ara his earring.
"My D'jarra is the craftsman, and we've stayed that way since ancient times.. my father was a jewelry merchant."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:09 am

"Did your family survive the occupation?" she asked, gently.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:17 am

"We are survivors, more or less," Val said nebulously. "My father died at a ripe old age, and I have four half-brothers who are living well on Bajor, last I heard. I lost one half-brother and an aunt when they attended a peaceful protest, but I hardly knew them."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:45 am

"What the Cardassians did to your people was atrocious. They are monsters. Even being in this station feels disgusting. I took great satisfaction participating in their downfall," she said, harshly.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:00 am

"They're not all bad. I had some very nice times with my Cardassian clients." Val said. "Though I am glad Bajor stands for itself now. Very glad."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:07 am

"Yes, that is definitely for the best..." she paused. "The recent incident with the Orb must have hit close to home for you."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:11 am

Val puffed out a breath. "It's a messy business. I'd like to not be involved, but... I really didn't realize those two handsome prylar were Obsidian Order spies! Their augmentation was really very detailed..."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:31 am

"But you are involved. Your people have a connection to the Orbs... one I'm not completely sure I understand. Have you been in the presence of one?" she asked, earnestly.

Immediately after she asked this, an apologetic look came upon her face.

"Forgive me, I should not pry into your personal affairs... as I mentioned, I am somewhat ignorant about your religion, and I don't think I fully understand their significance to your people."

Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:36 am

"I'm not exactly popular at houses of worship," Val admitted. "I worship in private. The prophets speak to us through the orbs in the form of visions, but... I've never felt the need to pursue that. What would they possibly have to say to me?"
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:44 am

"I dont know... Have you ever heard of an Orb reacting the way this one did? Seems to be an odd way for the prophets to communicate..."

Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:46 am

"It certainly is," Val smirked ruefully. "Perhaps it's possessed by a Pah-Wraith," his tone indicated that he didn't believe in such things.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  EmptySat May 17, 2014 1:50 am

"Pah-Wraith?", she asked, believably feigning ignorance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Appointment    Scheduled Appointment  Empty

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Appointment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Deep Space 15 :: On Board DS15 :: Infirmary-
Jump to: