Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Akhil visits the Commander

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Akhil

Akhil

Akhil visits the Commander Empty
PostSubject: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 1:07 pm

The station was a flurry of activity ever since the Hippolyta mission and subsequent promotions were announced. Akhil was busier then ever, fulfilling his existent duties as DS15's counselor, and preparing for his new ones as tactical officer aboard the new ship. He worried what his eventual periods of absence would mean to those who needed him on DS15, but the Romulan's position of power stressed him out even more. He could not stop wracking his brain about what his new position would entail and if perhaps there was more to Commander Rai's intentions. He stopped in front of the door to the Commander's office and pressed the control panel to announce himself.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:27 pm

"Come," Rai said, spying Akhil through the glass of the office door.
"Akhil!" He exclaimed cheerfully. "What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:30 pm

"Commander," Akhil greeted him boomingly, entering. He waited till the door closed behind him to speak again. "Permission to speak freely, sir." Even in the privacy of the Commander's office, old habits died hard.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:31 pm

"Permission granted," he said, continually surprised and chuffed by Akhil's formality.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:50 pm

Akhi cleared his throat, instantly more at ease. He measured his words carefully. "I would like to speak to you about the Hippolyta assignment." He watched Rai for a change of expression. "I do not wish to extol my virtues, but I hope that my Starfleet record speaks for me," there was a touch of Klingon pride in his voice, but Akhil's expression remained open and earnest. His mind was clear to Rai as it almost always was as a sign of trust and respect. "Whatever my personal prejudices may be, I am a dedicated Starfleet officer, I will not shirk my duties. And," he went on, "I do not wish to question my Commander. But..." the half-Klingon struggled for diplomatic words, "I must be honest. I do not trust Officer Tal'Ara."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 5:59 pm

"That's perfectly natural, Akhil. Neither do I. Unfortunately, the Federation has put me in an extremely awkward position in their endeavor to build ties with the Romulans. I don't have to agree with it, or like it, but I do have to follow orders," he said.
"I value your loyalty very deeply, and I trust you-- more than anyone in this station in fact. So much so, I'm leaving you in charge of the station for this upcoming away mission. While I'd like to have you with me on tactical, I don't feel comfortable leaving Tal'Ara in charge of my station."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:44 am

Akhil listened to him, his seething anger giving way to humility and understanding. "Commander," he said at length, "Did you appoint me to tactical under Officer Tal'Ara's command so as to have another set of eyes?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 1:50 am

"Absolutely I did. I have no intention of letting a Tal Shiar agent run amok on my ship or my station. While Tal'Ara is on the away mission, that gives you the opportunity to check for outgoing intelligence from her quarters. Just peek in on her, make sure she's staying in line."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:08 am

Akhil nodded, visibly relieved. This was work he understood and could fully commit to. "I expect Officer Tal'Ara does not trust me anymore than I trust her. So I will not make any obvious attempts to ingratiate myself to her. But I will be vigilant," he replied, straightening up.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:15 am

"You have my authorization to use any force necessary, to prevent sabotage or espionage." He rose from his desk. "Whatever it takes."
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 2:17 am

Akhil nodded. "One last thing. While I am on the Hippolyta, what will happen to those in need of counseling?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 5:10 pm

"While you're on the Hippolyta, you can give therapy sessions via subspace transmission. Your martial arts classes will have to be rescheduled, unfortunately," he said.
Back to top Go down
Akhil

Akhil

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 9:39 pm

Akhil did not like that, but there was nothing that could be done about it. At least he still had his therapy sessions. "Very well. Thank you, sir." He saluted the Commander.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Akhil visits the Commander   Akhil visits the Commander Empty

Back to top Go down

Akhil visits the Commander
Page 1 of 1