Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Self-Care (Val's Quarters)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

Self-Care (Val's Quarters) Empty
PostSubject: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:23 am

Val made his way hastily to his quarters, throwing off his clothes almost before the door closed and leaping into the sonic shower. However, that did very little to sooth the burning he experienced.
"God, it's just like the old days, isn't it?" he mumbled. Papus was curled peacefully on the sofa, and Val replicated a jug of lukewarm rosewater and dug a Bajoran contraption out of his personal effects to clean himself properly.

After his ritual, he felt marginally better but certainly wouldn't be able to fully service anyone until the discomfort was completely gone.

"Computer - Bajoran flute - something slow," he said, stretching out on his sofa with the top of his head pressing against Papus's paws.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:36 am

Rai paged Val at the door. "It's-- it's me. The Captain. Captain Rai."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:49 am

Val laid still, debating whether to be available or not. On one hand, the Captain's presence still gave him a bit of anxiety, and he didn't usually entertain in his own quarters. But, if there was a time to get on the Captain's good side, it was now. He'd just been given a lovely gift, and his self care and stillness had left him feeling relaxed and, while still not completely comfortable physically, he felt far from emotionally vulnerable.
"One moment," he groaned, getting up slowly and pulling on a short silk robe. He left the music on, but cleared away the tools of his trade which he'd left out after disinfecting them.
"Come in." He arranged himself on the sofa.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 am

Rai was in his uniform, unzipped, when he entered Val's room. "I see you got the Hope lillies," he said. "I hope you like them. I just came to apologize, in person. I wasn't sure if my message was-- well-- clear to you."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:00 am

"Of course I like them," Val smiled. "It was so nice of you, especially considering how very busy you are." He gestured to a shawl-draped chair. "I'm desperate for some tea, would you like to join me?"
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:01 am

"I'd be delighted, should I bring some from the replicator, or do you prefer the genuine article?" he asked, walking near his replicator.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:05 am

"I was just going to replicate some Jumja tea - it's probably too sweet for you, though - please, help yourself." Val shrugged. "To be honest, I don't taste much of a difference between replications and planet-made food... I've always suspected it of being more vanity than preference."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:08 am

"Computer, two jumja teas," he said, and with that, he brought the steaming cups on a tray to the small table near Val. "I hear you're getting on well with our new groundskeeper," Rai said, wiggling his eyebrows playfully. "I'm glad they heeded my recommendation."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:18 am

"I'm very glad you made it," Val said honestly, lifting the tea to his lips and holding the cup with both hands for its warmth. "They're really, very nice. Have you seen the gardens yet?" he interrupted himself, "No, you probably haven't, with all the stuff going on. But you should."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 am

"Soon, I wanted to give the artist space to do their craft," he said, nodding sincerely. "Can we speak frankly, you and I?"
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:28 am

"Sure," Val said, tucking his legs up under him and facing the Captain with alertness. "I was about to ask what brought you over."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 2:39 am

"Guilt, mostly," he said. "And I wanted to put your mind at ease. This station is more than a station to me. It's a community, and you're a part of that community, even if you get under my skin now and again. Growing up as you had, I'm sure you hadn't any privacy at all, and with a Betazoid captain running the place where you live, you must feel like you've lost that again. You shouldn't."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 11:49 am

Val averted his gaze from the Captain and stroked his snoozing cat's head as the creature's tail thrashed.
"As insignificant as it may feel to you, I've always taken comfort in the fact that my mind and my heart are not available to rent," he shrugged. "I know you can't help it."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:11 pm

"That doesn't feel insignificant to me at all. On Betazoid, we're taught never to slip into the minds of others without their consent. It's taboo to do anything else. However, I joined Starfleet, and for intelligence purposes, they encouraged me to hone my abilities in that direction. It's a terrible habit I've fallen into," he said, pausing to sip his tea. He stared at his cup in his lap. "I'm here because I want to assure you that the sanctity of the little space you've earned is yours, and yours only."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Val looked up at the Captain again, surprised.
"You mean you can turn it off? I thought it was just a constant sense, like smell or something."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 pm

"Of course I can turn it off," he said. "We learn when we're children, they teach us how as early as primary school."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:46 pm

"Well, I didn't know that!" Val said without malice. "You're the first Betazoid I've ever properly met."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 4:50 pm

"I fear I've left you with a poor impression," he said. "I hope I can change that."
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 pm

"I'm sure you can.. gifts are always a good start," Val teased.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 pm

"I'll keep that in mind," he said, only half-kidding. "We're alright then? You see, I'm asking, because I don't know. I can't feel if we are," he said.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

"Are we all right? Yes, of course," Val said he seemed to search the air above him for a way to express himself. "I have had worse things said to me. Though fortunately I'm now in a position where I don't have to service those that do."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:19 pm

"I'm not looking for service, not yet anyway. I would rather like a friend, a man who is... like me. I can't risk entangling myself with the crew. I know your time is valuable, so I don't expect it to be free," he said, fidgeting with the teacup in his hands.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Val smiled. "I rent my company, my attention... what you'd like to do with it is your decision. But if you'd like someone to absorb your excess anger and abuse without repercussions, I'd like to know now rather than later."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:38 pm

"Anger and abuse? No. Just the ability to arrange a late night cup of tea and an ear to speak to," he said softly.
Back to top Go down
Val Etilen

Val Etilen

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Val grinned excitedly. "Oh, wonderful.. I'd like that. Being the late night companion to the commander of the station... that's quite grand, you know, whether it's is sexual or not." He took another sip of tea, settling into his sofa with more comfort than before. "Was there something on your mind specifically? I mean, besides my accepting your apology."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-Care (Val's Quarters)   Self-Care (Val's Quarters) Empty

Back to top Go down

Self-Care (Val's Quarters)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next