Deep Space 15
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Station Deep Space 15

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A post mission briefing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

A post mission briefing Empty
PostSubject: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:19 am

Rai leaned on his palm in the ready room, hunched over a padd, taking in the numbers of the mission. He felt a small empty thud in his chest at the loss of the young officers, even though the casualties were low. He waited for Commander Tal'Ara to join him.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:26 am

Tal'Ara walked into Captain Rai's office, with a tired look on her face.

"Captain," she said, flatly.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:29 am

Rai leaned back in his chair and glanced up at her coolly. "Thank you for joining me. Why don't you give me a run down of what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 am

Tal'Ara sat down.

"Well, it was pretty smooth, all things considered. We landed safely. We divided into teams. As soon as Team A left the landing site, T'Pren and Team B were attacked. Our team neutralized the targets on the way to the prison. Once inside, we rescued all of the prisoners, without casualty. One member of the crew died on my team," she explained, with no emotion.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:47 am

"Yes, I've read the report, and I have to say overall I'm pleased with the outcome of our mission. However, you know what I'm going to bring up now, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 2:51 am

Tal'Ara let out an audible sigh, "Yes. My use of deadly force. However, before you say anything. I did not go into this with the intention of using deadly force. When we first set off, I encountered one guard. I stunned him. However, once Lieutenant Inabet informed me she was under attack, and the beacon could potentially be compromised, time became a factor. I could not risk shooting people and not having them stay down. Especially on our return, with dozens of slow moving refugees. It needed to be done. That being said, I take full responsibility for my crew and the deaths on our hands."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 am

"This is our first mission together, Commander. I appreciate, even admire the efficiency with which you handled it. I trust that you'll try to minimize this in the future? I don't need to remind you what's at stake here."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 3:12 am

"Thank you, Captain," she said, surprised. "Yes. I understand. Hopefully, it doesn't have to come to this again."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 pm

"There's no need for me to make this more difficult than it has to be on the both of us; but the same goes for you. I don't need to remind you that there a lot of eyes on us at the moment. As a Romulan agent, I'm sure you've grown accustomed to getting things done a certain way. I know you'll make an effort to minimize the use of deadly force in the future."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 am

"Understood, Captain," she said firmly.

She understood his qualms, and the pressure he was under, but the the reality of the situation called for deadly force. She brought back every single prisoner unharmed. And that couldn't have happend any other way.
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:12 am

Tal'Ara turned around and began to head towards the door, but she stopped and turned back.

"You know, Captain," she said, cautiously, "I was expecting some, shall I say, harsher consequences, regarding this matter. Not that I'm complaining."

She smiled.
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:18 am

"The Dominion conflict left me with some, how should I say-- complicated feelings about the Cardassians. I am a Starfleet officer and I'm required to instruct you to preserve life whenever possible, and yet, it's extremely difficult for me to hold a shred of sympathy for those who made slaves of Federation citizens."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:29 am

"Yes, I know exactly what you mean. However, there was no malice in my actions. I was simply doing what needed to be done. But I will say that my conscience will not be weighing heavily on my mind tonight."
Back to top Go down
Capt Darren Rai

Capt Darren Rai

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:49 am

"Nor should it. Like I said, I'm pleased with the outcome of the mission," he said. "You're dismissed, Commander."
Back to top Go down
Tal'Ara

Tal'Ara

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 1:52 am

Tal'Ara curtly nodded her head, turned around, and left the room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A post mission briefing   A post mission briefing Empty

Back to top Go down

A post mission briefing
Page 1 of 1